Before withdrawing from the exchange to imKey, you need to first understand which digital currencies imKey supports. If you deposit tokens that imKey does not support, you may experience the problem of the exchange showing a successful withdrawal, but the assets not being credited to the wallet.
Here's how to withdraw funds to the imKey wallet (using USDT withdrawal from Binance exchange as an example)
1. Select the token
Open the Binance exchange app, click "Funds" -> "Withdraw", and select the token you want to withdraw.
2. Determine if imKey supports the token
Check the "withdrawal network" type provided by the exchange to determine if imKey supports the token. For example, Binance provides eight USDT withdrawal networks:
- BNB Smart Chain (BEP20)
- AVAX C-Chain
- BNB Beacon Chain (BEP2)
- Ethereum (ERC20)
- Tron (TRC20)
If you find that the network type provided by Binance during withdrawal is not supported by imKey, then the token cannot be transferred to imKey. Please contact the exchange customer service for help and choose another wallet that supports the token.
3. Choose the appropriate "withdrawal network"
BNB Smart Chain (BEP20), AVAX C-Chain, Ethereum (ERC20), Polygon, and Tron (TRC20) are all USDT withdrawal networks supported by imKey, among which:
- BNB Smart Chain (BEP20): Based on BNB Smart Chain, with low transaction fees and fast transfer speeds, can be stored in BSC wallets.
- AVAX C-Chain: Based on Avalanche protocol, with low transaction fees and fast transfer speeds, can be stored in Avalanche wallets.
- Ethereum (ERC20): Based on the Ethereum network, with relatively high transaction fees and fast transfer speeds, can be stored in ETH wallets.
- Polygon: Based on the Polygon network, with low transaction fees and fast transfer speeds, can be stored in Polygon wallets.
- Tron (TRC20): Based on the Tron network, with low transaction fees and fast transfer speeds, can be stored in TRX wallets.
When you transfer assets from the wallet in the future, you need to use a specific currency to pay the handling fee, so please make sure that there is enough specific currency in your wallet to pay the fee.
- To transfer BEP20 USDT, it is recommended to have at least about 0.0005 BNB in your BSC wallet;
- To transfer AVAX C-Chain USDT, it is recommended to have at least about 0.001 AVAX in your Avalanche wallet;
- To transfer ERC20 USDT, it is recommended to have at least about 0.02 ETH in your ETH wallet;
- To transfer Polygon USDT, it is recommended to have at least about 0.001 MATIC in your Polygon wallet;
- To transfer TRC20 USDT, it is recommended to have at least about 10 TRX in your TRX wallet.
Note: All handling fees are charged by the blockchain network, and imKey does not charge any fees.
4. Get the correct wallet address
Open imToken, click the button in the upper left corner, and scroll down to the "imKey hardware wallet" section to select the wallet for receiving payments.
For example, if I want to withdraw USDT to my ETH wallet, I would select the ETH wallet and click "Receive"-"Copy" to copy the wallet address.
5. Input the withdrawal address in Binance
Open the Binance App, paste the ETH wallet address you just copied on the withdrawal page, select the ERC20 withdrawal network, enter the withdrawal amount, click "Withdraw" and complete the verification process to complete the withdrawal. After the withdrawal is confirmed on the exchange, wait for a while and you will be able to see the deposited tokens in your imKey wallet.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I do if I withdraw from Binance but the tokens have not arrived?
There are three common reasons for not receiving the tokens:
Reason 1: The exchange has not yet sent the tokens Sometimes the exchange may show that the withdrawal was successful, but the tokens have not actually been sent. In this case, please contact customer service for confirmation.
Reason 2: Tokens were transferred that imKey does not support Please refer to the article "Which cryptocurrencies does imKey support?" to determine if you have transferred tokens that imKey does not support. In this case, the exchange may show that the withdrawal was successful, but the assets will not appear in the wallet. You will need to contact the token project to recover the tokens.
Reason 3: BEP20 network was selected during withdrawal If you selected the BEP20 network during withdrawal, your tokens were transferred to the BSC wallet inside imKey. You need to switch to the BSC wallet to view your assets.
- Open the ETH wallet homepage, click "Ethereum" at the top, and select "BNB Smart Chain" to switch to the BSC wallet.
- Click the "+" button on the wallet page, select "Custom Token", fill in the contract address of the token (symbol and decimal do not need to be filled in, they will be automatically filled), and click "Save".
- Return to the wallet page, and you can see the assets you transferred.
2. Why is it necessary to back up the mnemonic phrase when using the imKey wallet?
imKey is a decentralized hardware wallet that does not store user wallet mnemonic phrases. On the blockchain, the mnemonic phrase represents asset ownership. In order to better protect your assets, please be sure to back up and keep the mnemonic phrase safe to avoid leakage or loss, which could lead to asset loss.
3. How can I contact Binance customer service?
If you encounter any issues while using Binance, please contact Binance customer service for assistance through the "Help Center" in the Binance app.